Saturday, December 15, 2012

Pinwheel Christmas Card


Well, I debated whether to stamp our Christmas cards this year... I could not seem to figure out what I wanted to do, as far as stamping goes, when I remembered the neat pinwheels that I have my students make on the front of a special gift for their parents.  I decided to use the same idea for a Christmas card.  I must say, after making 40 cards, I had had my fill--BUT I love how they turned out...


You Will Need:
8.5" x 11" scrapbook paper of choice (to use as card)
scrapbook paper of choice (to use for making pinwheel and ribbon)
large brads in choice of finish
paper cutter
small paper punch (with large lead)
straight edge or ruler
pencil
permanent adhesive

How to Make:
1.  Cut scrapbook paper for card 4.25" x 5.5" (simply cut 8.5" x 11" sheets in half). I actually found kraft colored pre-cut cards and envelopes (pack of 50) by Paper Studios at Hobby Lobby, so I was able to skip this step. :0)

2. Score and fold cards, or simply fold cards.

3. Cut 2.5" x 2.5" squares of pinwheel paper.  Cut as many as desired depending on the number of cards you are making. The kraft Christmas paper shown was purhased at Hobby Lobby (by Paper Studios).

4. Cut "ribbon" strips of paper in desired width. My strips were about 5/8".

5.  Using straight edge or ruler, draw a pencil diagonal from corner to corner on the back-side of each 2.5" square (see photo).


6. Using scissors, cut on each diagonal (toward the center) WITHOUT cutting to the center--approximately 1/4" from center (see photo).


7.  With design side facing up, fold every other corner to the center (see photos). If using two sided scrapbook paper, make sure to have the design you want to see most facing up. Then affix each folded tab with adhesive.  This will create the pinwheel. 


8.  Affix, "ribbon" strips on front of card in desired place and trim excess (see photo).
 
9.  Affix pinwheel on top of ribbon at desired angle.

10.  Puch a hole in the center of pinwheel (see photo). 


11. Attach brad in center.


12.  Stamp or write sentiment inside.  Note:  If printing a sentiment with printer, feed cards through printer BEFORE affixing ribbon and pinwheel.

Make one, a few, or many! Enjoy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment