Saturday, January 5, 2013

Scrumptious Cookies!


My husband stumbled upon a SCRUMPTIOUS cookie recipe online for Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies.  Well, I made them and they were absolutely delicious!  I made the larger version of the cookie (a variation noted in the recipe) and told my husband that one cookie is a gift in itself.  So, I decided to create a little gift tag for packaging these jumbo morsels... 


A Few Notes:
  • The recipe calls for a stand mixer.  I used a regular electric mixer and my extra large Tupperware bowl.  I followed the recipe as noted using the same mixer settings.
  • I made the larger cookie version by using my Pampered Chef ice cream scoop which yielded approximately 1/4 cup sized cookies.  I baked for 7 minutes, turned, and baked an additional 8 minutes.
  • The cookies were wonderful when eaten shortly after removing from the oven.  I simply microwaved a cookie for 7-10 seconds to get that same "just from the oven" taste days after they were made.
Individually Wrapped Cookies
You Will Need:
cookies
card stock of desired color (see photo for sample of white and kraft)
cookie tag printable (several versions provided)
printer
paper cutter or scissors
4" x 6" clear, cello bags
stapler
How to Make:
1.  Download and print cookie tag printable.  Make sure to select ACTUAL SIZE when printing PDF. Choose desired tag for printing, as several options are included.  Also, a blank tag is included if you would like to use it with other cookie varieties.  Print and hand-write.
2.  Cut tags by simply cutting the printed page in half vertically and horizontally.  Tags will measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
3. Fold tags. 
4. Place one cookie in each bag.
5. Turn over top of bag several times and affix a tag with stapler.
6.  Give cookies as little gifts!

3 comments:

  1. YUM! These look like a good weekend recipe for me to try this weekend!! Thanks for sharing! I'm mentioning your blog on my blogpost today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for putting the word out! I will be stopping over to check out your blog. Enjoy the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cookies do look so tasty. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us all. I am a new follower, and love your blog. Blessings :)

    ReplyDelete