My husband stumbled upon a SCRUMPTIOUS cookie recipe online for Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies. Well, I made them and they were absolutely delicious! I made the larger version of the cookie (a variation noted in the recipe) and told my husband that one cookie is a gift in itself. So, I decided to create a little gift tag for packaging these jumbo morsels...
A Few Notes:
- The recipe calls for a stand mixer. I used a regular electric mixer and my extra large Tupperware bowl. I followed the recipe as noted using the same mixer settings.
- I made the larger cookie version by using my Pampered Chef ice cream scoop which yielded approximately 1/4 cup sized cookies. I baked for 7 minutes, turned, and baked an additional 8 minutes.
- The cookies were wonderful when eaten shortly after removing from the oven. I simply microwaved a cookie for 7-10 seconds to get that same "just from the oven" taste days after they were made.
You Will Need:
card stock of desired color (see photo for sample of white and kraft)
cookie tag printable (several versions provided)
paper cutter or scissors
4" x 6" clear, cello bags
How to Make:
1. Download and print cookie tag printable. Make sure to select ACTUAL SIZE when printing PDF. Choose desired tag for printing, as several options are included. Also, a blank tag is included if you would like to use it with other cookie varieties. Print and hand-write.
2. Cut tags by simply cutting the printed page in half vertically and horizontally. Tags will measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
3. Fold tags.
4. Place one cookie in each bag.
5. Turn over top of bag several times and affix a tag with stapler.